Life is convenient and stimulating at St. John's
Transport to and from local medical appointments is included in the monthly fee.
While making themselves at home in their retirement community, residents can take advantage of a variety of transportation options:
- St. John's offers special outings including trips to malls, rides around town, picnics, and other events.
- Once a month the 18-passenger van takes residents to the Cache Creek Casino.
- Two vans, both with a wheelchair lift, can be hired for personal trips.
- Chapel Services:
- Second & fourth Mondays: Holy Rosary Mass at 10 am.
- Third Mondays: Catholic Mass at 3:30 p.m.
- Every Sunday is St. John's Worship at 1:15 p.m.
- Beauty and Barber Shop - call 383-7984 for scheduling.
Residents living in St. John's find themselves lingering after meals to chat with friends in the appealing atmospheres of the the dining rooms. Residents are offered a choice of the entree of the day with a salad bar and dessert, or a selection from the Village menu.
In addition to three meals each day, there are Sunday brunches, a great favorite of residents and their invited families alike.
The Supper Club and Lunch Bunch enjoy trying out local restaurants in the Woodland and Davis areas on a monthly basis. Snacks are available throughout the day and tray service is available to those who may not feel like coming to the dining room.
Farm to Fork
- St. John’s cuisine experience offers three delicious meals a day in all five of our restaurant-style dining rooms across the campus.
- Fresh local produce complements menu options that meet national nutritional standards.
- Specialized dietary needs can be accommodated in the Memory Support Manors and Stollwood Skilled Nursing areas of the community.
Guests are welcome in the dining room at any time. Family members are invited to join loved ones for special events during the year. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, and Father's Day are some examples of the opportunities to enjoy delicious homemade food prepared by our Executive Chef Kap and his team of cooks and bakers.
Dine and enjoy at St. John’s!
Something is happening every day from piano music and gospel performances to special day outings for picnics, barbecues, and baseball games. See the current Activities Calendar for more information on activities across our retirement village.